Problems Faced At Site – Project Report – Multistoried Boys HostelPosted in Project Reports | Email This Post |
Problems Faced At Site
There were numerous problems which were faced at site. Some of these were purely due to the human errors and poor workmanship but some were due to unseen factors.
- There was a problem in providing beams at one location as per the standard drawings so the drawings were changed by consulting the structural designers and architect
- There was problem pouring concrete in one beam due to small area available for pouring and compacting. The solution to this problem was that the size of steel was increased but the number of steel bars was decreased so as to provide the total area same.
- No window was there in staircases which lead to complete darkness, so it was decided to change the drawing by consulting the concerned authorities.
- The depth if beam above the door was 3’5” earlier but to keep the size of the door as per the standard it was changed to 3’.
- Frequent power cuts lead to increase in the cost of construction as generators were used to meet the power requirements
- Laying of foundations was postponed by 1 month due to the rainy season.