Awarded as the best online publication by CIDC
1) At 1,250 ft. the Empire State Building was by far the tallest building in the world for more than 40 years.
2) The building’s most astonishing feat however, was the speed in which it rose into the New York City skyline.
3) Construction was completed in only one year and 45 days, without requiring overtime.
4) Ironworkers set a torrid pace, riveting the 58,000-ton frame together in 23 weeks.
5) While just below them, masons finished the exterior in eight months, and plumbers laid 51 miles of pipe and electricians installed 17 million ft. of telephone wire.
6) The building was so well-engineered that is was easily repaired after a bomber crashed into it in 1945.
Click here to check out the pictures of other skyscrapers
If you have a query, you can ask a question here.