Awarded as the best online publication by CIDC
1) The Golden Gate Bridge remains the world’s tallest suspension bridge after more than 60 years of its completion
2) It is hanging from two 746-ft-high towers with the help of yard thick cables.
3) In fact, the Golden Gate Bridge contains enough cable to encircle the earth three times.
4) To leap across the mouth of an ocean harbor, something never before accomplished, civil engineers planted one pier in the open sea, 1,000 ft. from the shore.
5) The Construction was completed in a record time of 4 year’s
6) It survived the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, and weather has shut it to traffic only three times in 60 years.
7) Currently the span is undergoing a seismic retrofit to withstand a 90-second earthquake that measures 8.3on the Richter scale.
8 ) This bridge is a perfect combination of engineering and beauty and thus Golden Gate Bridge remains one of the world’s most photographed bridges.