In selection of waterstop, shall engineers use plain dumb-bell type or center-bulb type?

Posted in Hydraulics | Email This Post Email This Post |
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The plain dumb-bell type is used for joint location where small movements are anticipated. Therefore, construction joints are desirable locations of this type of waterstop. On the other hand, center-bulb type waterstop is suitable for expansion joints or locations where lateral and shear movements occur due to settlement or deflection. Reference is made to W. L. Monks (1972).


This question is taken from book named – A Self Learning Manual – Mastering Different Fields of Civil Engineering Works (VC-Q-A-Method) by Vincent T. H. CHU.

More Entries :