What is the difference between release agent, form oils, form releaser, demoulding agent?

Posted in Concrete Engineering | Email This Post Email This Post |
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Release agent, form oils, form releaser and demoulding agent are materials for separating formwork from hardened concrete. Though they generally refer to the same meaning, there are slight differences among
these terms.

Release agent: Materials that contain ingredients which are chemically combined with cement.

Form oils: Diesel oils or other oil types.

Form releaser and demoulding agent: General terms to describe materials which perform separation of forms from concrete.


This question is taken from book named – A Closer Look at Prevailing Civil Engineering Practice – What, Why and How by Vincent T. H. CHU.

More Entries :