These are the links to software’s which might be useful for civil engineers. If you think we have missed any software just send us an email using contact us form or write in the comment box. Our editors will review it and post it here as soon as possible.
- GEO5 software for geotechnical engineers and geologists
GEO5 is a comprehensive software suite that integrates geological data modeling with the solutions of all advanced geotechnical tasks.
Mobile Application for Data collection – Click Here
Or Easy way how to work with Point Clouds – Click Here
- 3D Nature’s World Construction Set
– photorealistic 3D terrain visualization for cartography,
architecture, civil engineering, golf, forestry and land planning.
- Autocad – One of the most popular civil engineering software by autodesk. This is used for 2D and 3D design, drafting, modeling, architectural drawing etc
- SAP 2000 – The most popular structural analysis and design software used by civil engineers all over the world.
- Primavera – The engineering and construction industry rely on Oracle’s Primavera products for enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM)
- Etabs – The integrated software package for the structural analysis and design of buildings, ETABS offers unmatched 3D object based modeling and visualization tools, blazingly fast linear and nonlinear analytical power, sophisticated and comprehensive design capabilities for a wide-range of materials, and insightful graphic displays, reports, and schematic drawings that allow users to quickly and easily decipher and understand analysis and design results.
- Mathcad – PTC Mathcad is Engineering Math Software That Allows You to Perform, Analyze, and Share Your Most Vital Calculations.
- Revit – BIM software is specifically built for Building Information Modelling (BIM), including features for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering and construction.
- STAAD.Pro – Design any type of structure and share your synchronized model data with confidence among your entire design team, using STAAD.Pro
- 3D Structural Modeling Software – 3D+
-An AutoCAD based parametric modeling, analysis, design and drawing system for structural engineers. Includes program description with downloadable videos. Offers online ordering and technical support.
- Autodesk Civil– builds on Autodesk Land Desktop with tools that automate civil engineering tasks and enhance collaboration on projects from transportation engineering to hydraulics, site development to hydrology
- CDS – a suite of civil design and survey software for Cogo, contouring, subdivision and roadway design. Free 60-day trial. From Foresight Software.
- Consteel – ConSteel provides a structural analysis software for the design offices mainly involved in constructions of steel and composite structures. It covers all the phases of the design process, from modeling to analysis, examination and documentation. The analysis and design approach treats the 3D structural model as a whole during the complete process.
- VisionCivil – VisionCivil, The Civil Engineering Software for AutoCAD or MicroStation environments. DTM, COGO, TIN, String and Connectivity Manager, etc.
- Kubla Software – Developers of software for civil engineers, including software for coastal engineering and earthworks estimation.
- MeteorSpec – MeteorSpec is AutoCAD® plugin for calculating total lengths and areas of different objects. These can be various pipes, cables and overhead lines, coverings, pavements, fences, curbs, communication lines etc. The main feature of this plugin is that you can assign data to polylines, that you want to calculate. This allows you to not just get a total length or areavalue, but see it in the form of detailed report.
- IS Muri – IS Muri is a software designed for the calculation and verification of gravity, semi-gravity and cantilever retaining walls, with counterforts or keys. The wall can be characterized by the presence of piles, micropiles, tiebacks (active and passive); it can have any kind of geometry and it can also include a simple or a complex footing with variable thickness. User is free to assign or not assign an inclination to the foundation and to the wall surface (both inside and outside). IS Muri performs the verification of structural elements in each significant section according to the Limit States method, as required by Eurocodes and NTC 2008. The analysis can be carried out both in static and dynamic
- Earthworks – Earthworks is a civil engineering related cutting and filling quantity calculator. It also generates reports in various formats of CSV and PDF. It takes the basic paraments to form the longitudinal section of the road along with the proportions ratio of cuttings and fillings.
- TSLOPE — 3D slope stability analysis program – 3D and 2D slope stability analysis using the same model. Used for all types of slope stability problems including open pit mines, land fills, and any slope with complex geological structure and variable surface topography.
- SierraSoft Land – BIM software for land restitution, modeling and analysis – SierraSoft Land is a BIM software for land restitution, modeling and analysis. With SierraSoft Land, you can handle any size land survey carried out with various types of tools, such as total stations, GPS, laser scanners, and drones. The entire flow of rendering acquired data, 3D surface modeling, and section and volume calculation is managed in SierraSoft Land in a simple and comprehensive way.
- SierraSoft Roads – BIM software for the design of roads and highways – SierraSoft Roads is a BIM software for the design of roads and highways. The ease of use, outstanding performance and functional design offered by SierraSoft Roads mean that the design of any kind of road, highways. SierraSoft Roads automates entire stages of the design and makes everything extremely easy; the designer always has complete control over the design data and constant access to all its information. SierraSoft Roads with BIM exchange allows you to manage the BIM design processes for roads and highways providing high interoperability and multi-disciplinary collaboration
- AStrutTie – Strut-and-Tie Model Analysis/Design Software of Structural Concrete – AStrutTie is a strut-tie model analysis/design software for concrete members with disturbed stress region(s). It enables users to design corbel (bracket), abutment/pier footing, bridge pier coping (pier cap), frame corner, anchorage zone, deep beam, etc. The software supports U.S (ACI 318, AASHTO LRFD) and Europe (EuroCode 2) codes and specifications.
- VCmaster – Compile accurate Structural Design Calculations – Combine your own templates with predefined templates according to ACI or AISC (or EUROCODE) for a professional final document. All templates can be edited easily to fit your individual project needs. Numerous built-in features (e.g. Graphic Formula Editor, Sketch Editor or state-of-the-art PDF-Export) considerably increase your efficiency.
- Edificius – BIM software for 3D architectural design.
- PriMus – Construction Estimating and Bills of Quantities software.
- EdiLus – The structural calculations software for reinforced concrete, masonry, steel and timber buildings.
- TerMus-BRIDGE – The software for calculating thermal bridge with a FEM solver.
- Solarius-PV – The Solar PV calculator for grid-connected systems.
- Site3D – Site3D is a fully featured software product for the engineering design of road systems and housing developments. Quickly and accurately design whole sites including roads, junctions, roundabouts, footways, surface interfacing, contours, volumes, drainage, housing and more.
- akses Reinforced Concrete Building Design (RCBD) 2018.
akses ? RCBD is a reinforced concrete building design software developed especially for Indian structural engineers. It is a finite element based analysis software which is developed specifically for design of reinforced concrete buildings. The software is developed by practicing structural engineers with emphasis on traditional Indian practice of site drawings. Once the design is completed, the site drawings are generated in .dxf format which can be read in various CAD softwares such as AutoCAD. In order to minimize data entry time geometric coordinates can be directly imported from architectural working drawings.
- AGT – makers of several surveying and civil engineering programs as we as training videos for AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- CIVILFEM: General purpose finite element software for civil, structural and geotechnical engineering.
Both, CivilFEM powered by Marc® and CivilFEM for ANSYS® are software developed by Ingeciber based on existing solvers. Two of the best FEM software in the world, Marc from MSC® and Ansys®, were chosen for this purpose. In this way, both CivilFEM were built to add the necessary pre- and post-processing capabilities to these two powerful solvers in order to work in the area of civil engineering in an agile and efficient way.