These are the links to software’s which might be useful for civil engineers. If you think we have missed any software just send us an email using contact us form or write in the comment box. Our editors will review it and post it here as soon as possible.
- GEO5 software for geotechnical engineers and geologists
GEO5 is a comprehensive software suite that integrates geological data modeling with the solutions of all advanced geotechnical tasks.
- SkyCiv – Free and Easy Structural Analysis Software. SkyCiv offers user friendly and cost effective engineering software in the cloud. They provide online programs for beams, trusses, frames, shafts and full 3D structural software (free and paid versions). Since it is all cloud-based, no installation is necessary and it is accessible from any device.
- 3D Nature’s World Construction Set
– photorealistic 3D terrain visualization for cartography,
architecture, civil engineering, golf, forestry and land planning.
- Autocad – One of the most popular civil engineering software by autodesk. This is used for 2D and 3D design, drafting, modeling, architectural drawing etc
- SAP 2000 – The most popular structural analysis and design software used by civil engineers all over the world.
- Primavera – The engineering and construction industry rely on Oracle’s Primavera products for enterprise project portfolio management (EPPM)
- Etabs – The integrated software package for the structural analysis and design of buildings, ETABS offers unmatched 3D object based modeling and visualization tools, blazingly fast linear and nonlinear analytical power, sophisticated and comprehensive design capabilities for a wide-range of materials, and insightful graphic displays, reports, and schematic drawings that allow users to quickly and easily decipher and understand analysis and design results.
- Mathcad – PTC Mathcad is Engineering Math Software That Allows You to Perform, Analyze, and Share Your Most Vital Calculations.
- Revit – BIM software is specifically built for Building Information Modelling (BIM), including features for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering and construction.
- STAAD.Pro – Design any type of structure and share your synchronized model data with confidence among your entire design team, using STAAD.Pro
- 3D Structural Modeling Software – 3D+
-An AutoCAD based parametric modeling, analysis, design and drawing system for structural engineers. Includes program description with downloadable videos. Offers online ordering and technical support.
- Archon Engineering – makers of civil and mechanical engineering software, specializing in finite element analysis tools
- Autodesk Civil– builds on Autodesk Land Desktop with tools that automate civil engineering tasks and enhance collaboration on projects from transportation engineering to hydraulics, site development to hydrology
- AutoTURN – CAD-based software for simulating vehicle maneuvers for transportation
design, by Transoft Solutions
- AutoTURN Aircraft – CAD-based software simulation tool used to evaluate aircraft and vehicle movements at airports, by Transoft Solutions
- CAiCE Software Corporation – makers of civil software automation tools for survey, civil design, construction and drainage engineers
- Carlson Software – makers of several AutoCAD- and IntelliCAD-compatible surveying, civil engineering, hydrology/sewer, mining, and GIS applications, including Carlson Survey, Carlson Civil, Carlson Hydrology, Carlson Mining, and Carlson GIS
- CDS – a suite of civil design and survey software for Cogo, contouring, subdivision and roadway design. Free 60-day trial. From Foresight Software.
- Construsoft – Offers the programs : Xsteel, a 3D modeling system for steel structures; Powerframe, for analyzing structures in steel, concrete and timber and Powerplate, to analyze plates with using the finite element method (FEM). Description of programmes and services offered. Examples of structures developed with these programmes.
- DTWARE Engineering Software – Software for column and continuous beam analysis.
- ELPLA– to analyze and design slab foundations and to determine contact pressures, settlements, moments and shear forces of slab foundations by the method of finite elements.
- engineering-software.com– engineering software store features a wide selection of products with downloadable demos of most products. From KRC Technologies Inc.
- Ezicad– integrated package for cogo and contour routines and road design.Download the program for a free 14-day tryout.
- Geocomp Systems– makers of software for survey, civil design, volume estimation and setout projects, including Geocomp, GeoCalc and Geonav
- GEOPAK – suite of civil engineering software for surveying and roadway design
- Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Software Directory– lists more than 1,300 programs, plus more than 700
worldwide suppliers and publishers of these programs
- IcoMap– converts paper land records into vector-based parcel maps. From UCLID Software.
- MWH Software – creators of water distribution software
- ParkCAD – CAD-based software for generating conceptual parking lot designs, doing what-if scenarios, by Transoft Solutions
- PGSuper– can be used to design and check precast-prestressed girder bridges in accordance with the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification. Free.
- Rockgrout – Animated and interactive programs explaining the design and construction of cement grouting. Includes an instructive game in which an imaginary hole is ‘grouted’.
- Skjeggedal Consulting – Offers Areas, a program for calculation of section properties of steel beams. Screenshots and free demo download.
- SPLASHS With Ripple-Thru – relationship-based design software for civil engineers and teams designing roads, sites, sewer lines and storm drains
- Structural Analysis Software – S-Frame – A fully integrated suite of structural analysis and design software solutions, from entry-level 2D frame analysis to advanced non-linear 3D finite element analysis.
- The Engineer’s Document and Design System
-Structural Calculation Software within Microsoft Word, to integrating analysis and designc calculations. With a comprehensive set of libraries for many specialties. Description of programme and libraries. Online demo.
- Topocad– CAD program for surveying, design, engineering and mapping. From Chaos Systems.
- VisionCivil – VisionCivil, The Civil Engineering Software for AutoCAD or MicroStation environments. DTM, COGO, TIN, String and Connectivity Manager, etc.
- Wallingford Software – makers of software for the water industry, including data management and network modeling software to support planning and operations in water distribution, sewerage provision and river management and coastal engineering
- X32 Group, Inc – Highway safety analysis software for traffic accident studies, which includes data processing and filtering, accident summary, collision diagram, calculating accident rates and estimating safety benefits.
Primus-DCF is a free and complete software that allows Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and building contractors to easily create bills of quantities and estimates for the building industry through a very user-friendly interface. Your monitor becomes your desktop where you will be able to open Price Books, Price Lists, Estimates and Bills of Quantities, consult them, insert, modify or copy parts of data from a source document to a destination document, and easily modify data with simple Drag&Drop operations. Thanks to the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) technology, the document that you see while editing is exactly the same document you will get printed on paper. You can have different documents on your monitor and operate on any of them wherever you want by simply pointing your mouse cursor on the part you want to modify allowing you to work in a more direct and intuitive way. Furthermore, the DCF (Document Computation Format) format can be modified for free thanks to Primus. This revolutionary format allows you to easily transmit Bills of Quantities and Estimate documents: send, receive, publish on the Internet, copy to hard disk (CD, USB Memory, floppy disk, etc). All the information in your document will be contained in one unique compressed file that can be also easily exported and edited in Word and Excel. No large sized database structures but just one small sized easy to manage compressed file! With Primus-DCF you can also take-off measurements directly from your AutoCAD drawing file with a very powerful feature that recognizes the drawing entities and automatically sends the measurements to the associated Price List Item in PriMus-DCF. This additional feature allows you constantly keep under control the Bill of Quantities and Estimate’s budget as the design phase progresses, updating all data in realtime!
- Click here to download
- Nisa Design Studio – used for designing slab, col, beam, footings (individual, combined, pile, raft), steel sections,retaining walls
- Sruds – Can be used for btech level projects
- Fastrak – Fastrak is the definitive software for the design, documentation and BIM interoperability of structural steel buildings. Fastrak uniquely synchronizes your design models with BIM platforms such as Autodesk Revit Structure.
- Tedds – Free trial download– Tedds is advanced software to automate your daily civil and structural calculations. Developed in-house by CSC, Tedds includes a diverse range of calculations to a range of international design codes. Using Tedds will help save you time and make your daily structural calculations more efficient. Download your free 45 day trial today
- Structural BIM – Structural BIM is the ability to share the structural engineer’s code-based design data intelligently within the BIM (Building Information Modelling) project environment. CSC’s code-based steel and concrete building design software, Fastrak and Orion synchronises with leading BIM platforms, such as AutodeskR RevitR Structure and Tekla Structures.
- Fastrak Composite Beam (free download) – Free software for designing composite and non composite beams. Fastrak Composite Beam is part of the Fastrak Building Designer suite, the definitive software for designing structural steel buildings with both simple and complex geometry.
- Kubla Software – Developers of software for civil engineers, including software for coastal engineering and earthworks estimation.
- MeteorSpec – MeteorSpec is AutoCAD® plugin for calculating total lengths and areas of different objects. These can be various pipes, cables and overhead lines, coverings, pavements, fences, curbs, communication lines etc. The main feature of this plugin is that you can assign data to polylines, that you want to calculate. This allows you to not just get a total length or areavalue, but see it in the form of detailed report.
- IS Muri – IS Muri is a software designed for the calculation and verification of gravity, semi-gravity and cantilever retaining walls, with counterforts or keys. The wall can be characterized by the presence of piles, micropiles, tiebacks (active and passive); it can have any kind of geometry and it can also include a simple or a complex footing with variable thickness. User is free to assign or not assign an inclination to the foundation and to the wall surface (both inside and outside). IS Muri performs the verification of structural elements in each significant section according to the Limit States method, as required by Eurocodes and NTC 2008. The analysis can be carried out both in static and dynamic
- SkyCiv Structural Analysis Software – SkyCiv offers easily accessible and cost effective engineering programs. With online programs for beams, trusses, frames, shafts and a full 3D structural program. All their software is on the cloud, meaning no installation necessary. SkyCiv is currently offering their structural 3D package for free on a free one month trial.
- Earthworks – Earthworks is a civil engineering related cutting and filling quantity calculator. It also generates reports in various formats of CSV and PDF. It takes the basic paraments to form the longitudinal section of the road along with the proportions ratio of cuttings and fillings.
- TSLOPE — 3D slope stability analysis program – 3D and 2D slope stability analysis using the same model. Used for all types of slope stability problems including open pit mines, land fills, and any slope with complex geological structure and variable surface topography.
- SierraSoft Land – BIM software for land restitution, modeling and analysis – SierraSoft Land is a BIM software for land restitution, modeling and analysis. With SierraSoft Land, you can handle any size land survey carried out with various types of tools, such as total stations, GPS, laser scanners, and drones. The entire flow of rendering acquired data, 3D surface modeling, and section and volume calculation is managed in SierraSoft Land in a simple and comprehensive way.
- SierraSoft Roads – BIM software for the design of roads and highways – SierraSoft Roads is a BIM software for the design of roads and highways. The ease of use, outstanding performance and functional design offered by SierraSoft Roads mean that the design of any kind of road, highways. SierraSoft Roads automates entire stages of the design and makes everything extremely easy; the designer always has complete control over the design data and constant access to all its information. SierraSoft Roads with BIM exchange allows you to manage the BIM design processes for roads and highways providing high interoperability and multi-disciplinary collaboration
- AStrutTie – Strut-and-Tie Model Analysis/Design Software of Structural Concrete – AStrutTie is a strut-tie model analysis/design software for concrete members with disturbed stress region(s). It enables users to design corbel (bracket), abutment/pier footing, bridge pier coping (pier cap), frame corner, anchorage zone, deep beam, etc. The software supports U.S (ACI 318, AASHTO LRFD) and Europe (EuroCode 2) codes and specifications.
- VCmaster – Compile accurate Structural Design Calculations – Combine your own templates with predefined templates according to ACI or AISC (or EUROCODE) for a professional final document. All templates can be edited easily to fit your individual project needs. Numerous built-in features (e.g. Graphic Formula Editor, Sketch Editor or state-of-the-art PDF-Export) considerably increase your efficiency.
- Edificius – BIM software for 3D architectural design.
- PriMus – Construction Estimating and Bills of Quantities software.
- EdiLus – The structural calculations software for reinforced concrete, masonry, steel and timber buildings.
- TerMus-BRIDGE – The software for calculating thermal bridge with a FEM solver.
- Solarius-PV – The Solar PV calculator for grid-connected systems.
- Site3D – Site3D is a fully featured software product for the engineering design of road systems and housing developments. Quickly and accurately design whole sites including roads, junctions, roundabouts, footways, surface interfacing, contours, volumes, drainage, housing and more.
- akses Reinforced Concrete Building Design (RCBD) 2018.
akses ? RCBD is a reinforced concrete building design software developed especially for Indian structural engineers. It is a finite element based analysis software which is developed specifically for design of reinforced concrete buildings. The software is developed by practicing structural engineers with emphasis on traditional Indian practice of site drawings. Once the design is completed, the site drawings are generated in .dxf format which can be read in various CAD softwares such as AutoCAD. In order to minimize data entry time geometric coordinates can be directly imported from architectural working drawings.
- AGT – makers of several surveying and civil engineering programs as we as training videos for AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- CIVILFEM: General purpose finite element software for civil, structural and geotechnical engineering.
Both, CivilFEM powered by Marc® and CivilFEM for ANSYS® are software developed by Ingeciber based on existing solvers. Two of the best FEM software in the world, Marc from MSC® and Ansys®, were chosen for this purpose. In this way, both CivilFEM were built to add the necessary pre- and post-processing capabilities to these two powerful solvers in order to work in the area of civil engineering in an agile and efficient way.
571 comments on "Civil Engineering Softwares"
good job yaar you people rockz
Good work…very usefull for all engineers…
i think you forgot 2 name ANSYS…
ALL SOFT WARE AER GOOD ,BUT TELL ME USE
Execellent Effort… Hope for the best in Future… What a Civil Engineering Collection.
way to go CE website!
could you please send me a sample of complete design procedure (stating basis/books references) of building a house and road using the UAE design standard. Because I am new here in Dubai and I am employed in a design company, and I wanted to get further kno-how.
Please send me also manual for SAP design program because my co workers doesn’t have time to teach me so I guess I’m on my own now..
thank you and more power,
it is so good ,and really help full t students
I am Student I want Help About Civil Engineering Projects
what kind of help do want in civil Engg mr.mansoor?
have you software sap new version ?
great work dude ..what a collection …thnx so much !!!
yup, its really a big collection.
Thanks buddy ; saved our time.
Its really a big collection, thanxssss maN………….
Please let me know any quantity estimation software
I need civil engineering all calculation formula, I lost my book and times can’t remember the formula could you please help
actually I want to reference magzine for civil engineering. so i want to know about good one
i am from nit jaipur, iwant to know about if any facility is available for doing projects at b btech level.
I want 2 known abt stadpro & metlab.
please i want five lackhs litre 25.00metre staging over head tank steel designed drawing ( veeranna junior Engineer )
i am from hyd,i need softwares for making projects at B.E level