M.RAJAGOPAL REDDY 1, P.RAJESH 2
1- Post Graduate student, Department of civil Engineering,VFSTR university , Vadlamudi.
2-Assistant Professor, Department of civil Engineering, VFSTR university, Vadlamudi.
The FLAT SLAB SYSTEM being used in majority of the constructions. It elevates more clear space in architecting the construction design in easy manner and duration of construction would be short due to the flat slabs size. Compare to the traditional concrete construction slab system is more viable due to the fact that it avoids the heavy beams, which are the big vulnerability in case of earthquakes. Objective of this paper is to investigate the behavior of flat slab system in few different use cases.
1. Flat slab structure without drop.
2. Flat slab structure with column drop.
3. Flat slab structure with shear wall.
4. Flat slab structure with column drop and shear wall together through response spectrum method by using ETABS software.
The behavior of flat slab is investigated in terms of the following factors:
2. Base Shear
3. Storey level accelerations
Also most severe problem in flat slabs as follows:
1. Failure punching shears
2. Shear stresses during ground unbalance
3. Slab column connections to brittle punching shear stresses during earthquakes.
Also this paper investigates about the combinations that can produce less punching shear at slab column joint.