Ask An Expert

Is structure engineering troubling you?
Do you face problems in solving even the basic problems?

If yes then look no further as engineeringcivil.com along with Er. Gobind Khurana and Er. Abhimanyu has taken an initiative to help civil engineering students in structure related queries. We are thankful to Er. Gobind Khurana, Er. Abhimanyu and Vincent T. H. CHU for being a volunteer in helping other engineers in solving problems related to structure design in R.C.C and Steel.

Expert 1
Name – Er. Gobind Khurana
Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
2. Master of Structure Engineering from Delhi University.
Work Profile: Currently working as Consultant for structural problems in R.C.C and STEEL Design.

Expert 2
Name – Er. Abhimanyu
Qualification:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
Training at site in Unitech ( during 6 month summer training)
Work Profile : Presently working as associate design engineer for Fluor Daniel India Pvt Ltd. Area of work is structural steel design and concrete foundations for both static and dynamics analysis ( mainly in oil and gas industry)

Expert 3
Er. Vincent T. H. CHU obtained the degree of civil and structural engineering in the University of Hong Kong. He is the author of the monthly column “The Civil FAQ” in the Hong Kong Engineer published by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and is the author of the civil engineering monthly columns “The Civil Q&A” and “The Civil Corner” on the websites on World Federation of Engineering Organization and the University of Science and Technology (American Society of Civil Engineers – International Student Group) respectively. He is the recipient of the Ombudsman’s Award 2007 under complaint-related category and Young Engineer of the Year Award 2008 (Merit) organized by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. He is also the author of the engineering book “200 Question and Answers on Practical Civil Engineering Works”, “Civil Engineering Practical Notes A-Z” , “Ask Vincent Chu (Common FAQ on Practical Civil Engineering Works)” and “The Underlying Reasons in Practical Civil Engineering Works”.

So if you have any query regarding the concerned matter, just drop a comment and we will try to solve it as soon as possible.

Comments
  • revanth July 8, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Sir, I am facing a situation where i have to design an existing structure to the extension as planned. So i am facing a problem in case where how exactly the homogeneity is maintained for the both structures. Please clarify the above mentioned and please suggest me the codes which will give guidelines about grouting as well as anchoring as per IS code of design.

• bishu sinha July 9, 2019 at 2:12 pm

sir give me a idea how I make a second floor in a minimum budget my area is a earthquake prone area

• bishu sinha July 9, 2019 at 2:15 pm

in a earthquake prone area how can I make a low budget second floor

• Anuj July 13, 2019 at 3:20 am

Sir . I consulted a guy to get my house constructed.
    Everything gone fine , but the soil is quite rocky . So , constructed is suggesting to make foundation of just 3.5 feet in Slope footing.

Will such design sustain a 3 story long house with complete strength ?
    I need suggestion , please help.

Thanks !
    Best Regards.

• PAWAN KUMAR July 18, 2019 at 3:14 am

Please let me know what is the total weight (Approx) of a 150 feet High “SS Latis Tower”

• KALPESH July 20, 2019 at 11:28 am

Please Suggests correct procedure for construction joint inside of pedestal improper compaction,
    Due to improper compaction, it may be some air voids is there inside concrete.

• Nihar July 22, 2019 at 11:43 am

What is the nutral axis if given stress in steel,concrete.and effective depth along with modular ratio

• N Ram July 25, 2019 at 3:34 pm

the separation of water or water cement mixture from the freshly mixed concrete is known as

• Asoke jana July 27, 2019 at 3:17 am

I need to help for aggregate specification for heat resistance concrete .

• Sourabh August 4, 2019 at 12:49 am

My question is which is the best cement. Ultratech or coromandal king in PPC segment… Most important WHY?

• Akash Srivastava December 5, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Mycem is one of the best cement becouse it blends mixture properly and give mixture proper potential to set in less time with less quantity…

• Bitopan Bordoloi August 9, 2019 at 11:49 am

how do I get a perfect formula for mix design of concrete paver block with a grade designation of M40 to M50.

• Veera August 16, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Design a concrete mix of M45 grade. Take a standard deviation of 5MPa. The specific
    gravities of coarse aggregate and fine aggregate are 2.85 and 2.75 respectively. The bulk
    density of coarse aggregate is 1600 kg/m3
    and fineness modulus of fine aggregate is 2.70. A
    slump of 60mm is necessary. The water absorption of coarse aggregate is 2% and free
    moisture in fine aggregate is 1%.Design the mix by using IS code method

• ABRAR August 24, 2019 at 3:04 am

I have stopped my Construction work from 1 year , I have just raised Columns with it TMT rods exposed to atmosphere, it’s started to rust slightly, Can I Paint those rods with Metal primer n restart d work After 1 year , or should I have to Cut those rods and re lap it..???

• ADITYA V B August 28, 2019 at 11:58 am

HELLO, is “FLOATING LIGHTWEIGHT CONCRETE” the best project to do as a final year civil engineering student and if yes please suggest me some journals to refer.
    thank you..

• Diwakar Gowda September 3, 2019 at 9:12 am

Sir i am a B.E student and I opted Maharera as a project Topic .Sir please suggest a methodology for completing this project.

• Subhadeep Pangas September 22, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I am a student of B Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year. I want to make a project. What kind of project I should go through.

• Dhaifallah September 26, 2019 at 10:50 am

i have to design bridge with the span is 20m what is the suitable truss to design on it

and thank you

• prabhakar soni September 27, 2019 at 11:14 am

HI SIR I WANT TO KNOW THE SOME INFORMATION, IT IS POSSIBLE TO MIXED STEEL FIBERS IN TACK COAT.

• J Stephen October 7, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Kindly explain me that , 1.chadura ( kannada ) = howmuch sqfeet ?

• Swapnil October 18, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Our Apartment of 3 floor, 2nd floor has started water leakage, leakage location is opposite of attached bathroom of 3rd floor and water is coming from wall and windows, is it possible water leakage cause of top floor bathroom, if it because of bathroom or because of wetness of building due to rain??
    And if it is cause of bathroom then how can identify, because of which pipe water is leaking, as there are at least 4 water line in bathroom and WC is there..