Awarded as the best online publication by CIDC

Is structure engineering troubling you?
Do you face problems in solving even the basic problems?

If yes then look no further as engineeringcivil.com along with Er. Gobind Khurana and Er. Abhimanyu has taken an initiative to help civil engineering students in structure related queries. We are thankful to Er. Gobind Khurana, Er. Abhimanyu and Vincent T. H. CHU for being a volunteer in helping other engineers in solving problems related to structure design in R.C.C and Steel.

Expert 1
Name – Er. Gobind Khurana
Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
2. Master of Structure Engineering from Delhi University.
Work Profile: Currently working as Consultant for structural problems in R.C.C and STEEL Design.

Expert 2
Name – Er. Abhimanyu
Qualification:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
Training at site in Unitech ( during 6 month summer training)
Work Profile : Presently working as associate design engineer for Fluor Daniel India Pvt Ltd. Area of work is structural steel design and concrete foundations for both static and dynamics analysis ( mainly in oil and gas industry)

Expert 3
Er. Vincent T. H. CHU obtained the degree of civil and structural engineering in the University of Hong Kong. He is the author of the monthly column “The Civil FAQ” in the Hong Kong Engineer published by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and is the author of the civil engineering monthly columns “The Civil Q&A” and “The Civil Corner” on the websites on World Federation of Engineering Organization and the University of Science and Technology (American Society of Civil Engineers – International Student Group) respectively. He is the recipient of the Ombudsman’s Award 2007 under complaint-related category and Young Engineer of the Year Award 2008 (Merit) organized by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. He is also the author of the engineering book “200 Question and Answers on Practical Civil Engineering Works”, “Civil Engineering Practical Notes A-Z” , “Ask Vincent Chu (Common FAQ on Practical Civil Engineering Works)” and “The Underlying Reasons in Practical Civil Engineering Works”.

So if you have any query regarding the concerned matter, just drop a comment and we will try to solve it as soon as possible.

3,683 comments on "Ask An Expert"

mehran manzoor says:

Is water required for the cement of 43 grade and 53 grade same or not?
is their any change in the heat of hydration in both of grades

Anamikakashyap says:

i want to make an innovative project for my exhibition competition can u please help me with the data how to make a existing building into green building or any other topics which can help me or can be presented on my exhibition

Swarup Sil says:

I am from Kolkata and want to make aggregate test (size 10mm to 35 mm)…whom to be test at Kolkata and what will be the expenditure. Please send me the address and contact details

Alisha jamal says:

My doubt is related to bridge design.my project is about design of a bridge.its just 12 m span bridge.is it possible to design this bridge without a pier in between.bridge is just provided for turning of KSRTC buses

Pinku Roy says:

As an owner which one I should prefer while buying a flat based on construction type. Please tell me which is a better option, whether to go for a building that has MIVAN architecture or a one that is used with AAC blocks and why?

Thank you!

tellie betan says:

i have a problem on where to place columns if i have a flower-like floor plan; 5 circles and a circle with same diameter as those 5 circles at the center, and a circumscribed circle to the whole floor plan

MIR MAHBOOB ALI ADIL says:

Whether a structure withstand with hinge supports because in Etabs 2015 structure is passing without any failure

Prashant Palankar says:

I wanted 2 know about bubble deck slab design as iam doing my final year project on that…..

mohd nafees says:

sir, how to make m50 grade of concrete using admixture.
this is my project tittle also send the relevant document.

dinesh says:

Dear sir,
In acceptance criteria of concrete as per latest amendment 4 of is 456. What is the meaning of one shift for 4 cu.mt, three shift for 27 cu.mtand six shift for 75 cu.mt concrete on site.

Aswini Baral says:

Sir , plz upload the recommended mix design for roof , slab, column, beam and others.

suresh says:

for a cantilever beam if we remove propping from free end what will happen?

Aaditya Pudasaini says:

Dear sir, I want to kno the method of calculation of cutting/filling on a slopy terrain…

Raju Barhate says:

Which cement is good for piling foundations. OPC 53 or PPC

Lokky says:

Dear Sir, I would like to seek for the advice for column opening, since I am not sure how to design the opening for a RC column.

Thanks.

Shripadh says:

Which is the best cement for terrace flooring

Mahender Singh Verma says:

Could you pl. let me know the weight of one Mtr. MS Pipe Jindal C class 150 mm and 100 mm

David Eckes, Architect, NCARB says:

Which of your sealants do you recommend for panel joints in concrete tilt-up building construction?

Natty says:

What should be the correct rod sizes for the columns of a four storey residential apartment

Aromal says:

Is there any small research which is not done for me to do as my final year project?