Awarded as the best online publication by CIDC

Is structure engineering troubling you?
Do you face problems in solving even the basic problems?

If yes then look no further as engineeringcivil.com along with Er. Gobind Khurana and Er. Abhimanyu has taken an initiative to help civil engineering students in structure related queries. We are thankful to Er. Gobind Khurana, Er. Abhimanyu and Vincent T. H. CHU for being a volunteer in helping other engineers in solving problems related to structure design in R.C.C and Steel.

Expert 1
Name – Er. Gobind Khurana
Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
2. Master of Structure Engineering from Delhi University.
Work Profile: Currently working as Consultant for structural problems in R.C.C and STEEL Design.

Expert 2
Name – Er. Abhimanyu
Qualification:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
Training at site in Unitech ( during 6 month summer training)
Work Profile : Presently working as associate design engineer for Fluor Daniel India Pvt Ltd. Area of work is structural steel design and concrete foundations for both static and dynamics analysis ( mainly in oil and gas industry)

Expert 3
Er. Vincent T. H. CHU obtained the degree of civil and structural engineering in the University of Hong Kong. He is the author of the monthly column “The Civil FAQ” in the Hong Kong Engineer published by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and is the author of the civil engineering monthly columns “The Civil Q&A” and “The Civil Corner” on the websites on World Federation of Engineering Organization and the University of Science and Technology (American Society of Civil Engineers – International Student Group) respectively. He is the recipient of the Ombudsman’s Award 2007 under complaint-related category and Young Engineer of the Year Award 2008 (Merit) organized by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. He is also the author of the engineering book “200 Question and Answers on Practical Civil Engineering Works”, “Civil Engineering Practical Notes A-Z” , “Ask Vincent Chu (Common FAQ on Practical Civil Engineering Works)” and “The Underlying Reasons in Practical Civil Engineering Works”.

So if you have any query regarding the concerned matter, just drop a comment and we will try to solve it as soon as possible.

3,683 comments on "Ask An Expert"

Shekhar says:

What is cpoh in rate analysis?

Harsh Shah says:

What is the scope of Geotechnical engineering in the US and which university can offer good jobs.
Which state is a good choice to earn enough for a geotechnical engineer.

Cimyona says:

please help me find a solution for my project. I am doing a project on A STUDY OF WAVE PROPOGATION THROUGH DIFFERENT TYPES OF SOIL USING GEOPHONES during blasting . so to represent the wave pattern what type of graph is to be plotted? using the geophone we can obtain the peak particle velocity, can u try to find other details required for my project..??

Rohith Kumar says:

Sir, can we use recycled high density plastic as a replacement of coarse aggregate. Please give me a brief about this.

Ryan Riedel says:

I have a question regarding the article “Use of Aluminium In Building Construction”. Is this market data related to the UK and/or Europe or globally? I’m interested in aluminum usage in N.A. for exterior facads and interior panels i.e. market size for each in terms of tonnes/yr. Any information that you can share would be appreciated. Thank you

Anthony Pratola says:

I have a question on a civil drawing I have an elevation of 744.70 and another at 741.50 I know that the 744.70 is lower but how do I know how much in feet and inches I know the difference is 3.2 is the difference 3 feet 2 1/2 inches approximately ?

Wondimgegm zewdie teklie says:

When the ISAT test is carried out, the results fit approximately to the
relationship:
Flow = A × t-n, where t is time and A and n are constants. The following graph
shows the results from an experiment. What are the values of A and n?

Saket Wani says:

I want to know 2 applications each of M15, M20, M25, M30, M35, M40, M50, M60 Mix of concrete.

Christopher says:

What is the role of civil engineering in environmental issues

Linnea says:

I am an American planning to study Civil Engineering. My question is whether you need to study in the country which you intend to practice? I am applying to schools in Ireland, does this mean I will most likely need to practice there as well, or could I come back to the US and practice?
Thank you!

anurag singh says:

que. how can we solve sewerage excretion problem in a rotatry building(whose every floors are rotating)??

ALEX-CHRIS IFEANYICHUKWU says:

Sir,
I am a student of civil engineering, I need a project work on “THE ROLE OF SOIL IN PURIFYING WASTEWATER EFFLUENTS”
Thanks in anticipation.

Tejpal Singh Hanspal says:

Sir, At City Development Authority for Civil Engineering which Softwares are useful and Authentic.

Vikas says:

What measures shall be taken if proper lap of 5 out of 60 vertical steel bars of column are missed after concreting.

Mihir says:

Sir if in certain area we don’t have space for construct foundations , so for same area do piling will be preferable or not ? and if depth for footing in near by 3 meters (footing size 2.4*2.1*.500) , coloumn size : 0.600*0.500 , do pile will give us satisfying result same as footing ?

A. Krishnan says:

I am extending my house from GF to GF+FF. At present it has 9 inch thick wall running all around. At one area, there is a 6 inch wall (5 feet away from the balcony wall on the inner side) standing on the roof slab of a newly added room of the GF (two additional columns have been made. This wall is likely to house the balcony door also and the balcony will have a grilled window and drops. Parallel to the above mentioned 6 inch wall, the contractor has constructed 6 inch thick balcony parapet wall on the existing GF 9 inch wall (part of the main external wall). Contractor says, now that two 6 inch walls are existing parallely there is no issue with regards to security. My question is as follows: –

1. Can I have the 6 inch thick wall for a length of about 12 feet on top of the roof slab with out any beam underneath?
2. Is is ok to have two 6 inch thick walls on the external side?
3. During the construction I have insisted to use only river sand for the roof slabs. View scarcity of sand, can we go ahead with M-Sand for the roof slb? will it create any problem on the long run?

Za says:

The deflection of a reinforced concrete cantilever was found to increase after 10 years of use without significant load increase. what kind of behaviour could this be described as?

arshad says:

civil engineering technology ka bad ms/phil ka la kon sai field best ha??

manoj pillai says:

Dear Sir,
plzz tell in detail how to calcuate wind load for cooling tower

Gary says:

Use the wind code and the projected area of the tower for your calculation.

pamelah says:

A project on “surface and groundwater quality verification in an industrial environment”.