Awarded as the best online publication by CIDC

Is structure engineering troubling you?
Do you face problems in solving even the basic problems?

If yes then look no further as engineeringcivil.com along with Er. Gobind Khurana and Er. Abhimanyu has taken an initiative to help civil engineering students in structure related queries. We are thankful to Er. Gobind Khurana, Er. Abhimanyu and Vincent T. H. CHU for being a volunteer in helping other engineers in solving problems related to structure design in R.C.C and Steel.

Expert 1
Name – Er. Gobind Khurana
Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
2. Master of Structure Engineering from Delhi University.
Work Profile: Currently working as Consultant for structural problems in R.C.C and STEEL Design.

Expert 2
Name – Er. Abhimanyu
Qualification:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
Training at site in Unitech ( during 6 month summer training)
Work Profile : Presently working as associate design engineer for Fluor Daniel India Pvt Ltd. Area of work is structural steel design and concrete foundations for both static and dynamics analysis ( mainly in oil and gas industry)

Expert 3
Er. Vincent T. H. CHU obtained the degree of civil and structural engineering in the University of Hong Kong. He is the author of the monthly column “The Civil FAQ” in the Hong Kong Engineer published by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and is the author of the civil engineering monthly columns “The Civil Q&A” and “The Civil Corner” on the websites on World Federation of Engineering Organization and the University of Science and Technology (American Society of Civil Engineers – International Student Group) respectively. He is the recipient of the Ombudsman’s Award 2007 under complaint-related category and Young Engineer of the Year Award 2008 (Merit) organized by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. He is also the author of the engineering book “200 Question and Answers on Practical Civil Engineering Works”, “Civil Engineering Practical Notes A-Z” , “Ask Vincent Chu (Common FAQ on Practical Civil Engineering Works)” and “The Underlying Reasons in Practical Civil Engineering Works”.

So if you have any query regarding the concerned matter, just drop a comment and we will try to solve it as soon as possible.

3,683 comments on "Ask An Expert"

Nihar says:

What is the nutral axis if given stress in steel,concrete.and effective depth along with modular ratio

N Ram says:

the separation of water or water cement mixture from the freshly mixed concrete is known as

Asoke jana says:

I need to help for aggregate specification for heat resistance concrete .

Sourabh says:

My question is which is the best cement. Ultratech or coromandal king in PPC segment… Most important WHY?

Akash Srivastava says:

Mycem is one of the best cement becouse it blends mixture properly and give mixture proper potential to set in less time with less quantity…

Bitopan Bordoloi says:

how do I get a perfect formula for mix design of concrete paver block with a grade designation of M40 to M50.

Veera says:

Design a concrete mix of M45 grade. Take a standard deviation of 5MPa. The specific
gravities of coarse aggregate and fine aggregate are 2.85 and 2.75 respectively. The bulk
density of coarse aggregate is 1600 kg/m3
and fineness modulus of fine aggregate is 2.70. A
slump of 60mm is necessary. The water absorption of coarse aggregate is 2% and free
moisture in fine aggregate is 1%.Design the mix by using IS code method

ABRAR says:

I have stopped my Construction work from 1 year , I have just raised Columns with it TMT rods exposed to atmosphere, it’s started to rust slightly, Can I Paint those rods with Metal primer n restart d work After 1 year , or should I have to Cut those rods and re lap it..???

ADITYA V B says:

HELLO, is “FLOATING LIGHTWEIGHT CONCRETE” the best project to do as a final year civil engineering student and if yes please suggest me some journals to refer.
thank you..

Diwakar Gowda says:

Sir i am a B.E student and I opted Maharera as a project Topic .Sir please suggest a methodology for completing this project.

Subhadeep Pangas says:

I am a student of B Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year. I want to make a project. What kind of project I should go through.

Dhaifallah says:

i have to design bridge with the span is 20m what is the suitable truss to design on it

and thank you

prabhakar soni says:

HI SIR I WANT TO KNOW THE SOME INFORMATION, IT IS POSSIBLE TO MIXED STEEL FIBERS IN TACK COAT.

J Stephen says:

Kindly explain me that , 1.chadura ( kannada ) = howmuch sqfeet ?

Swapnil says:

Our Apartment of 3 floor, 2nd floor has started water leakage, leakage location is opposite of attached bathroom of 3rd floor and water is coming from wall and windows, is it possible water leakage cause of top floor bathroom, if it because of bathroom or because of wetness of building due to rain??
And if it is cause of bathroom then how can identify, because of which pipe water is leaking, as there are at least 4 water line in bathroom and WC is there..

Mimi says:

Hello, i have a question to ask.
What are the risks associated with building an eleven storey appartment building on a river bed in a seismic area? Would the building suddenly collapse?

Payal says:

Hello,
I will use SAP2000 for progressive collapse analysis of structure. I want to know the how to apply individual load combination on individual span of structure. Please help.

Samuel U says:

Please how can I get application for road profile to plot in Autocad. Thanks

Oyedeji Joshua Adeoluwa says:

Please, am an HND student need your help for a project topic on soil stabilization, I will be glad to read from you,thank you very sincerely.

BSRao says:

Does the slab gets damaged by placing plant pots?

devender suthar says:

sir
i have a slab which area is of 12’9″*12’3″. while designing i got reinforcement of 10mm@300 and 10mm@280. and i dont know why engineers provides me the reinforement as 10mm@200 & 10mm@ 200. can someone explain me the differance between then

E V SUBHASBABU says:

choose the dia of bar for any slab on slab depth/10 and should not exceed that dia of bar. The mistake in design calculations. the slab is to be redesign. the result may be 10mm @ 200c/c only