Ask An Expert

Is structure engineering troubling you?
Do you face problems in solving even the basic problems?

If yes then look no further as engineeringcivil.com along with Er. Gobind Khurana and Er. Abhimanyu has taken an initiative to help civil engineering students in structure related queries. We are thankful to Er. Gobind Khurana, Er. Abhimanyu and Vincent T. H. CHU for being a volunteer in helping other engineers in solving problems related to structure design in R.C.C and Steel.

Expert 1
Name – Er. Gobind Khurana
Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
2. Master of Structure Engineering from Delhi University.
Work Profile: Currently working as Consultant for structural problems in R.C.C and STEEL Design.

Expert 2
Name – Er. Abhimanyu
Qualification:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering From Thapar University Patiala
Training at site in Unitech ( during 6 month summer training)
Work Profile : Presently working as associate design engineer for Fluor Daniel India Pvt Ltd. Area of work is structural steel design and concrete foundations for both static and dynamics analysis ( mainly in oil and gas industry)

Expert 3
Er. Vincent T. H. CHU obtained the degree of civil and structural engineering in the University of Hong Kong. He is the author of the monthly column “The Civil FAQ” in the Hong Kong Engineer published by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and is the author of the civil engineering monthly columns “The Civil Q&A” and “The Civil Corner” on the websites on World Federation of Engineering Organization and the University of Science and Technology (American Society of Civil Engineers – International Student Group) respectively. He is the recipient of the Ombudsman’s Award 2007 under complaint-related category and Young Engineer of the Year Award 2008 (Merit) organized by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. He is also the author of the engineering book “200 Question and Answers on Practical Civil Engineering Works”, “Civil Engineering Practical Notes A-Z” , “Ask Vincent Chu (Common FAQ on Practical Civil Engineering Works)” and “The Underlying Reasons in Practical Civil Engineering Works”.

So if you have any query regarding the concerned matter, just drop a comment and we will try to solve it as soon as possible.

Comments
  • Bitopan Bordoloi August 9, 2019 at 11:49 am

how do I get a perfect formula for mix design of concrete paver block with a grade designation of M40 to M50.

• Veera August 16, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Design a concrete mix of M45 grade. Take a standard deviation of 5MPa. The specific
    gravities of coarse aggregate and fine aggregate are 2.85 and 2.75 respectively. The bulk
    density of coarse aggregate is 1600 kg/m3
    and fineness modulus of fine aggregate is 2.70. A
    slump of 60mm is necessary. The water absorption of coarse aggregate is 2% and free
    moisture in fine aggregate is 1%.Design the mix by using IS code method

• ABRAR August 24, 2019 at 3:04 am

I have stopped my Construction work from 1 year , I have just raised Columns with it TMT rods exposed to atmosphere, it’s started to rust slightly, Can I Paint those rods with Metal primer n restart d work After 1 year , or should I have to Cut those rods and re lap it..???

• ADITYA V B August 28, 2019 at 11:58 am

HELLO, is “FLOATING LIGHTWEIGHT CONCRETE” the best project to do as a final year civil engineering student and if yes please suggest me some journals to refer.
    thank you..

• Diwakar Gowda September 3, 2019 at 9:12 am

Sir i am a B.E student and I opted Maharera as a project Topic .Sir please suggest a methodology for completing this project.

• Subhadeep Pangas September 22, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I am a student of B Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year. I want to make a project. What kind of project I should go through.

• Dhaifallah September 26, 2019 at 10:50 am

i have to design bridge with the span is 20m what is the suitable truss to design on it

and thank you

• prabhakar soni September 27, 2019 at 11:14 am

HI SIR I WANT TO KNOW THE SOME INFORMATION, IT IS POSSIBLE TO MIXED STEEL FIBERS IN TACK COAT.

• J Stephen October 7, 2019 at 2:04 pm

Kindly explain me that , 1.chadura ( kannada ) = howmuch sqfeet ?

• Swapnil October 18, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Our Apartment of 3 floor, 2nd floor has started water leakage, leakage location is opposite of attached bathroom of 3rd floor and water is coming from wall and windows, is it possible water leakage cause of top floor bathroom, if it because of bathroom or because of wetness of building due to rain??
    And if it is cause of bathroom then how can identify, because of which pipe water is leaking, as there are at least 4 water line in bathroom and WC is there..

• Mimi October 20, 2019 at 4:40 am

Hello, i have a question to ask.
    What are the risks associated with building an eleven storey appartment building on a river bed in a seismic area? Would the building suddenly collapse?

• Payal October 21, 2019 at 1:52 am

Hello,
    I will use SAP2000 for progressive collapse analysis of structure. I want to know the how to apply individual load combination on individual span of structure. Please help.

• Samuel U October 26, 2019 at 7:56 am

Please how can I get application for road profile to plot in Autocad. Thanks

• Oyedeji Joshua Adeoluwa November 3, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Please, am an HND student need your help for a project topic on soil stabilization, I will be glad to read from you,thank you very sincerely.

• BSRao November 13, 2019 at 3:23 am

Does the slab gets damaged by placing plant pots?

• devender suthar November 15, 2019 at 5:00 am

sir
    i have a slab which area is of 12’9″*12’3″. while designing i got reinforcement of 10mm@300 and 10mm@280. and i dont know why engineers provides me the reinforement as 10mm@200 & 10mm@ 200. can someone explain me the differance between then

• E V SUBHASBABU January 3, 2020 at 6:02 am

choose the dia of bar for any slab on slab depth/10 and should not exceed that dia of bar. The mistake in design calculations. the slab is to be redesign. the result may be 10mm @ 200c/c only

• Tiffany K November 20, 2019 at 3:07 pm

What is the difference between a Commercial Pump Station and a Commercial Lift Station? If you have a permit for a pump station can you turn it into a lift station?

• Chirag December 10, 2019 at 2:12 pm

I’m currently in 3rd year Civil Engineering and have decided to go for Structural Engineering.
    Can you suggest me what college is good for Structural Engineer and here (anywhere around the world, Most preferable in India).

• kiran December 14, 2019 at 2:19 am

i want to know about the mix design for hydralic paver block using 6mm aggreate

• Konsong January 21, 2020 at 6:49 pm

A simple curve have tangents AB and BC intersecting at a common point B. AB has an azimuth of 180 degree and BC has an azimuth of 230 degree. the stationing of the point of curvature at A is 10 + 140.26. the degree of the curve is 4 degree. Can you show me the figure of this problem?