World’s Highest Railway Bridge To be Built In IndiaPosted in Civil Engineering Wonders | Email This Post |
With aspiration of becoming a global superpower, India’s construction industry is now thinking beyond the box. Mumbai Worli Sea Link as one of the biggest achievements has boosted the construction industry and now they are building world’s highest railway bridge over Chenab in Reasi in Jammu between two villages Bakkal and Kauri.
The 1.3 km, 359 meters from the river bed is nick named as Sky Bridge and is part of the 73 km Katra-Dharam section of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link USBRL project.
Some facts about this Bridge
1) It will be 19 m higher than the currently tallest rail bridge i.e the bridge on France’s Tarn River (340m)
2) It will be 35 m taller than the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
3) It will be six times the height of the Panvalnadi bridge in Maharashtra which is considered asthe tallest so rail bridge in India so far
The design of this bridge is divided as
1) A 467 meter steel arch in the centre
2) A 185-meter approach deck from the Bakkal end
3) A 650-meter approach deck from the Kauri end.
The construction details and photographs of this bridge are awaited.
We are very thankful to Er Vipun Paul for submitting this useful information to us.