Presentation on EarthquakePosted in Civil Engineering Presentations | Email This Post |
- About 90 per cent earthquakes result from tectonic plate movements
- Rest can be related to volcanic activities, collapse of subterranean cavities or man made effects such as nuclear explosions
- Tectonic earthquakes are triggered when accumulated strain exceeds shearing strength of rocks
- Himalayas one of the most tectonically active
- Major strain due to collision is distributed along Himalayas
- Rest is distributed northwards in a wide area from Tibetan plateau to Pamirs
- The push from the north Asian side resulted in compression producing gigantic thrusts
To learn more about earthquakes download the excellent presentation by Er. Rahul Malhotra. Rahul has explained each and every thing in detail and this one is one of the best presentation on earthquake I have came across.
earthquake- engineeringcivil.ppt – A complete presentation on earthquake.