Job Mix Concrete Volume

Posted in Concrete Engineering | Email This Post Email This Post |
Print Friendly

A trial batch of concrete can be tested to determine how much concrete is to be delivered by the job mix. To determine the volume obtained for the job, add the absolute volume V a of the four components—cements, gravel, sand, and water.

Find the V a for each component from

V a = W L / ( SG ) W u

where V a = absolute volume, ft 3 (m 3 )

W L = weight of material, lb (kg)

S G = specific gravity of the material

W u = density of water at atmospheric conditions (62.4 lb/ft 3 1000 kg /m 3 )

Then, job yield equals the sum of V a for cement, gravel, sand, and water.

More Entries :
Comments
  • Cesar P. Durias December 23, 2007 at 12:54 pm

Im searching this formula for how many weeks, in the internet thanks a lot for the posting.
    Actually I have a pocketbook reviewer (Besavilla) and it is states only direct to the
    computation I want proof or either formula, which I found here. You know as a civil enginner
    sometimes our clients or friends ask us ‘How many volume of concrete can one bag of cement
    produce? Because I forgot already this formula. For the second time thank you very big.

• ARNOLD V. MAGTULIS August 28, 2008 at 6:39 am

THANKS A LOT ACTUALLY THIS REALLY HELP ME A LOT BECAUSE I WORK IN THE READY MIX CONCRETE BATCHING PLANT AS OPERATION MANAGER AND THANKS FOR YOUR FORMULA RE:JOB MIX CONCRETE VOLUME

• Daniel November 14, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Dear All,
    I just start working in Concrete company, I had no experience with the formula in making /mixing all material, Is it possible to get the standart mix design for Quality 225 (that’s haw we called in Indonesia).

Your information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

• santosh futak February 6, 2009 at 7:13 am

• darshana April 24, 2009 at 12:44 pm

It’s very imported for our company and i want to know better than and value about mix design.

• ram kiran April 29, 2009 at 8:15 am

dear all,
    i has work exp in site but i am week in mix design can u help me

• Anu May 13, 2009 at 7:08 am

Dear all,

I dont have experience in using the formula ..

Can u pls help me how to use the formula for getting volume of cement for 1m3 of concrete…

• irfan July 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm

sir i am fresher civil engineer sie can u help me how t use this formule by any examples..

• nirmal August 9, 2009 at 2:40 pm

in job mix formula no need to consider sand bulkage;

• Pradeep Srivastava August 16, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Dear Sir

Pls give me details concrete super Plasticizers name and with composition.
    2: what is means of Old and cold concretepls give me details.

Thanks
    Pradeep Srivastava

• Alemayehu Haile October 7, 2009 at 12:36 pm

It is good &interesting concret. PleaseWould you like to Fined job for me Alemayehu (Ethiopia).immidiate Response I need

• Subhash Dheer October 24, 2009 at 10:36 am

Requirements of concrete mix design

The requirements which form the basis of selection and proportioning of mix ingredients are :

a ) The minimum compressive strength required from structural consideration

b) The adequate workability necessary for full compaction with the compacting equipment available.

c) Maximum water-cement ratio and/or maximum cement content to give adequate durability for the particular site conditions

d) Maximum cement content to avoid shrinkage cracking due to temperature cycle in mass concrete

• yousufbasha December 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm

please send me procedure for desiging of multistoried buildings

• jay-ar January 6, 2010 at 11:27 am

can you send me the procedure of concrete mix design including it’s formulas

• beat March 19, 2010 at 7:06 am

How to mix the buildig concrete? What is the standardaized formula?

• riz kan March 30, 2010 at 5:26 am

really i need the names of cement test

• rajachandra May 17, 2010 at 8:10 am

hi friends please send me mix ratio’s for M20grade of concrete in 1:2:3

• rajachandra May 17, 2010 at 8:13 am

hi frnds please help me concrete mix with p.f.a in detailed

• sam December 9, 2010 at 2:14 am

please can you give me tutorials on concrete job design. pls very urgent thank you.

• lokesh January 8, 2011 at 7:13 am

sir plz give me information of 1m3 how many cement,sand& aggrigate

• Froilan January 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Lokesh,

Depend on the grade of concrete. Usually sand is 44% of 1 cum. and gravel is 88% of 1 cum. Cement are ranging from 12bags, 10 bags, 9 bags per 1 cum. Water Cement ratio usually used 0.40. Hope it helps.