Need help with design of house

Discussion in 'Misc Engineering Queries' started by Mustafa, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Mustafa

Mustafa Novice

link for dimension of plot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DZyVfb07XRT2FuOC1JaWFRX2c/view?usp=sharing

Hello friends

Myself Mustafa Vohra, from a small town called Silvassa, UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, India. I am a microbiologist researcher by profession and don’t have any idea on engineering or architecture. I want to build a small modern green house for which I needed your advice. The above picture shows the outline of our plot. The problem is that plot is not squared but angled. The current area that my house occupies is marked in the picture. The main road is on west sides of the plot. Room on the remaining area of the plot has been given for rent. I am going to break all the rooms build on the plot as it has gone bad and going to build new ones. On this plot I am planning to build my small house and a 2 floor small building, having 2-3 rooms per floor, which I can give on rent.

I am environmentalist by my nature and want to build a house inspired by nature. Currently I am planning to build one floor house for myself but in future I will make it two floors. I am planning to make a modern green house, where I can utilize as much natural light, energy, resources as I can. There is enough space on all side for sunlight to enter our plot.

The proposed dimension of each room our current house should accommodate is mentioned below. It could be altered a bit. This room if possible should be accommodated in one floor (ground floor). If not than first floor could be made. Other rooms for my house are planned to be made later. There should be enough space left for two floor building to be made.

Proposed dimension of rooms for our house (if possible in a single floor)

Hall

12’ * 20’

Varanda

6’ * 16’

Bedroom 1 including toilet

12’ * 16’

Bedroom 2 including toilet

12’ * 16’

Bedroom 3 including toilet & small kitchen

14’ * 18’

Kitchen

10’ * 10’

Common toilet

10’ * 4’

I am in need of a design of green house which is suitable as per my need. Also what other features could I use so that I can make my house environment friendly and grid free. Any suggestion would be helpful. I am staying on small town where a help of engineer and architect is not possible. From far place I can get help (which I am going to get later) but they lack good ideas. I want my house to be modern and green with a western touch which is still developing in India. If required I can provide you with further details and photo of surrounding from our plot.

Thank you for time. Please help.

2. am environmentalist by my nature and want to build a house inspired by nature. Currently I am planning to build one floor house for myself but in future I will make it two floors. I am planning to make a modern green house, where I can utilize as much natural light, energy, resources as I can. There is enough space on all side for sunlight to enter our plot.