Filler materials Used In Concrete

Posted in Concrete Engineering | Email This Post Email This Post |
Print Friendly

Filler materials are gaining widespread popularity and becoming very important because they help in increasing some of the mix properties and also lower the usage of binder which is usually more expensive
Here is the table showing some common filler materials along with binders

Material Binder Filler Importance of filler
Concrete cement gravel, stone , sand cheaper
Drywall gypsum cardboard tenacity, volume, main part
Particle board Synthetic Resin, glue sawdust tenacity, volume, main part
Plastic explosive Plasticizer, oil explosive explosiveness
Tyre rubber rubber Soot Volume, better mechanic properties
Resin epoxy epoxy Microspheres Improve viscosity of resin
More Entries :
Comments
  • Sajid May 19, 2008 at 7:24 am

I am the student of Civil Engineering.would u please help me by providing study material about brick filler slabs.I am Doing project on filler slabs and im not getting any relevant material regarding filler slabs.Looking forward for your cooperation.Thanks
    Sajid Pandit
    NIT Srinagar

• karthi August 14, 2008 at 12:54 pm

please also publish design projects using strap and staad.pro softwares

• chaitanya July 12, 2009 at 1:15 pm

i want about bacterial concrete

• sanjay thakur December 7, 2009 at 7:46 am

I want lab testing book name with publisher.

• ishan r gour February 5, 2010 at 9:07 am

have brief descriotion of the content,such that its easier for usunderstands

• narendra kumar March 4, 2010 at 5:42 am

Dear sir ,

can you pls let me know any contractor who does filler slab roof in tellicherry ,kerala .My house is under construction and roofing has to be done.

your prompt reply will be highly appricated.

• lomesh August 26, 2010 at 8:18 am

dear sir,
    i am the student of civil engg. 7th sem would you pls help me provide study material for our project in ‘low cost housing’

• piyushmishra December 7, 2010 at 12:33 am

please give me concrete filler in floor or roof crack

• Ahmad siyar jabarkhail from Afghanistan January 1, 2011 at 1:43 am

I want to know information the insulation of the roof and wall of building

• bhavesh patel April 19, 2011 at 2:21 am

Hi… Im a student of architecture. Can anybody explain me about low cost housing with its details?
    THANKS

• sarath kumar May 26, 2011 at 6:49 am

Low Cost Housing is a new concept which deals with effective budgeting and following of techniques which help in reducing the cost construction through the use of locally available materials along with improved skills and technology without sacrificing the strength, performance and life of the structure.There is huge misconception that low cost housing is suitable for only sub standard works and they are constructed by utilizing cheap building materials of low quality.The fact is that Low cost housing is done by proper management of resources.Economy is also achieved by postponing finishing works or implementing them in phases.

• rinish August 31, 2011 at 3:04 am

Could you please let me know who does filler slab roof in calicut .My house structuring is over and roof has to be done.
    Quick reply would be appreciated ..

• sobe November 3, 2011 at 10:59 am

Plz can anybody explain to me the on how consultant are selected by the contractor for supervising the work of the client