Contact Us

I do need your comments, appreciations and both postive and negative feedbacks so just use the form below to contact me. More over if you wish to have any information regarding civil engineering or want to be part of this website by contributing as an editor then please contact me by writing to at
admin[@]engineeringcivil.com

Or just fill in this forum

If you have any question related to civil engineering, kindly use the search bar or post it in our forum, where other civil engineers might help. Click here to go to the forum

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject

Your Message

Comments
  • Anil kumar singh August 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm

please can you tell me in the place of brick bat coba what we can do with benifits of waterproofing & insulation with long time effect.

• rakesh sharma September 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm

dear sir, give me mix design software

• Augustin December 10, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I really love this site

• K.C.Sharma February 5, 2016 at 9:09 am

Anil kumar singh

Consider using mudphuska as per CPWD practice. K.C.Sharma.

• SUSHIL SAMVATSAR August 6, 2017 at 9:54 am

crack once developed in concrete cannot be brought back to original structure. BB coba is just a first aid. It has its own limitations. It also develops cracks and increases roof weight.
      I tried liquid tar [dambar]. But I had to apply it every year. Then I found epoxy / synthetic based plastic putty to be more effective than the BB coba. I used Dr Fixit crack x putti. First time I laid or applied it in cracks, and it lasted for more than 3 yrs without deterioration. Hats off. Next time I have have applied and I am sure it will last for not less than 5 yrs.
      Also, it beautifully takes care of the leakages at the interface of pipe- slab-parapet wall. Filling gaps at the pipes will prevent seepage of water into the building exterior walls. This seepage is more severe where pvc pipe is used. The said putti has solved it.

In equatorial country like India and dry place the temperature at night and day change a lot. In summers it may extend upto 20 to 25 deg.c. This is bound to result into cracks in the roof- slab. BB coba just adds thermal inertia to the roof. The roof gets heated up a during day and radiates heat in the roof in the night.
      I would suggest white topped roof. Heat reflecting paint applied to roof top can reduce room temp upto 4 deg c.

This whole exercise has cost advantage also.

• K.C.Sharma February 5, 2016 at 9:10 am

Brickbat coba if done as per CPWD specs is long lasting. If top surface is to be used, it could be Precast cement terrazo tiles.

• Murugan.G December 29, 2016 at 8:47 am

I need m60 concrete design example. M60 concrete can i design using indian standard. Code.

• mahesh verma April 24, 2017 at 11:43 am

What is the exactly sodium salt mixing ratio for porosity salt test.

• mahesh verma April 24, 2017 at 11:44 am

What is the exactly sodium salt mixing ratio for porosity salt test for pavers small pavers not blocks.

• mahesh verma April 24, 2017 at 11:45 am

What is the rotation time or rpm of the roller test of pavers

• Mikela June 2, 2017 at 6:42 am

I want to make a mix design of high strength concrete based on BS EN 206-1.I have two laboratory examples.